Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Ten Awesome Desserts from Pinterest



You can't talk about main dishes without talking about desserts!  Here are ten of my favorite desserts from Pinterest.  Links to the original websites are in the titles, and just like last time, this post was really boring with no pictures, so I used the ones from my sources.  THESE ARE NOT MY PICTURES.  I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THEIR AWESOMENESS.

Chocolate Lasagna

Chocolate lasagna 4

I have to admit, I didn't actually make this.  I went to a friend's house for dinner, and she made it, which ended up being awesome because if I had made it, I would have eaten half the pan that night after everyone had left.  As it was, I had one helping and then physically restrained myself from asking for seconds!  It's that good!  Not at all good for you, but holy cow it's amazing!

Oreo Bowl of Goodness

Someone in my family always makes the Oreo Bowl of Goodness and I always stab someone to death trying to eat it all  1 bag Oreos, crushed  8oz cream cheese, softened  1/4 cup butter  1 cup powdered sugar  3 cups milk  2 sm boxes instant vanilla pudding  1/2 tsp vanilla  12 oz Cool Whip, thawed    Cream together cream cheese, butter & powered sugar & vanilla. In separate bowl mix milk & pudding chill until set. fold in cool whip after pudding has set. add cream cheese mixture. layer with Oreos...

(This just links to a Pin.  There's no original site.  The recipe is on the pin, though.)

There are several versions of this recipe on Pinterest, and I'm pretty sure I've tried most of them.  This was my favorite.  It's layers of crushed Oreos and a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, instant pudding, and other amazingness.  Just make sure you make it when you have company coming over.  You don't want to be left alone with this one.

Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies



These cookies are intense.  Of course they're delicious, but they're also gluten-free, for those who are interested in such things.  They are basically a meringue base, which I thought was really interesting.  If you like dark chocolate, these will make you cry.

Chocolate Surprise Cookies

Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

These take forever to make, but they are worth it for a special occasion.  The reason they take so long is that you have to make the cookie and the filling and roll them both out, so you're basically doubling your time.  They're not hard though, and they make you look really awesome.  The first time I made them, my MIL said, "These would be great for my birthday, hint hint!"

Almond Poppy Seed Bread



This was delicious.  The perfect dessert bread that is sweet, but not a cake.  I love almond flavoring in general, though, so I may be a little biased.

Lazy Cake Cookies



This is a great one to have available for last minute guests or last minute cravings.  You use a box cake mix to make cookies.  There are like, three ingredients.  (I personally think they're better with M&M's instead of chocolate chips.)  It's so easy, and they do really taste great!

Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin

lessthan300kcal:

Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Knock-Offs of Whole Food’s 6 Dollar per 4 Chocolate Chunk VitaTop Muffins
Ingredients:
1 3/4 c oats
  3 egg whites 
  3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa 
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.Place  the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!! Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller MuffinsCalories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin 
*drooling*
THERE HAS BEEN SUCH WONDERFUL FOOD ON MY DASH

(The original link I used for this is broken now.  This links to the same recipe, but a different site.)  These are made with Greek yogurt and applesauce, so they aren't as bad for you as they seem...well, ok, they aren't as bad for you as they could be.  It says to use Splenda, but I don't do artificial sweeteners, so I just used sugar.  They're really more like brownies than muffins, and in fact, I might try making them in a brownie pan next time.  They didn't rise as much as the picture suggests.  I would also like to try substituting honey for the sugar if I made them again.

Saltine Toffee Cookies



This is a classic easy recipe that everyone loves.  It's just a layer of Saltine crackers, a layer of butter and sugar, and a layer of chocolate.  Give most of it away, though, because it's highly addictive!

No Bake Cookies

IMG_0380

I had a friend in college who made these all the time.  She called them "Preacher Cookies." I have another friend who calls them "Cow Patties."  Whatever you call them, they are delicious and easy to make.  They have oatmeal, cocoa, butter, and that's all you should need to convince you they're awesome.

Oreo Fluff Dip

Oreo Fluff Dip

Can you tell I love Oreos?  This was a big hit.  Serve it with Graham crackers or animal crackers or just eat it with a spoon when no one is watching.


Let me know if you try any of these!  I'm trying to eat less sugar lately, and writing this post has made me crave all the things!  Nooo!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, most of these are fabulous! I am definitely going to try those dark chocolate cookies!!! So glad I read this right before I go to the grocery store, haha.

    ReplyDelete