Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

An Awesome Playlist for Toddlers

Ok, so I know "I made you a mix tape" is so 1996, but toddlers don't know that, so bear with me.

I decided to make Cricket a playlist that combined her favorite songs from the Pandora Toddler Radio stations we listen to, plus some of my old favorites and a few educational ones thrown in there for good measure.  My goal was to find songs that wouldn't drive me crazy and that were at least tolerable from a musical standpoint.  No tone-deaf kids scream-singing or tinny synthesizers and canned vocals.  Blech.

It has a little of everything.  ABC's, Raffi, Elmo, Muppets, and Veggie Tales.  It has a couple of more modern takes on old classics, like O.A.R.'s cover of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or the "Crazy ABC's" about words that start with silent letters.

The result is a surprisingly awesome CD that even I enjoy listening to.  I liked it so much, I gave it as gifts to all of Cricket's toddler friends and cousins.

So here is my playlist.  Most of these can be found on iTunes.  A couple of them cannot, but you can buy CD's on Amazon or find a couple of them on YouTube.


Cricket's Mix

1.        All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar
2.        ABC’s by Ralph Covert
3.        The B-I-B-L-E by Veggie Tales 
4.        You are My Sunshine by Elizabeth Mitchell
5.        Fifty Nifty United States by Ray Charles
6.        Crazy ABC’s by Barenaked Ladies
7.        Pollywog in a Bog by Barenaked Ladies
8.        Alphabet of Nations by They Might be Giants
9.        Little Sack of Sugar by Elizabeth Mitchell
10.      Animal Alphabet Song by The Hollow Trees
11.      Elmo’s Song by Sesame Street
12.      Mr. Sun by Charlie Hope
13.      If All of the Raindrops by Laura Doherty
14.      If You’re Happy and You Know It by Larry Groce
15.      Itsy Bitsy Spider by O.A.R.
16.      Brush Your Teeth by Raffi
17.     Mah Na Mah Na by The Muppets
18.      The Green Grass Grows All Around by Jewel
19.      A Pirate Says Arr by The Backyardigans
20.      Patience by Music Machine
21.      I’ve Been Working on the Railroad by Larry Groce
22.     Walking, Walking by Anne-Marie Akin
23.     God is Bigger by Veggie Tales
24.     Silly Songs Remix by Veggie Tales
25.     Happy Tappin’ with Elmo by Sesame Street
26.     Apples and Bananas by Keith Urban
27.     Roll Over by Charlie Hope
28.     Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes by The Wiggles
29.      Skinny Marinky Dinky Dink by Cooltime Kids
30.      Wheels on the Bus by Ukulele Jim
31.      Baby Beluga by Raffi
32.     Goodnight by The Laurie Berkner Band
33.      Sing by Sesame Street

In case you don't feel like spending the absurd amount of time on this project that I did, which I understand, here are a couple of really good CD's that I got several songs off of.  Just get a couple of these and your toddler will be happy.

Ralph's World


Elmo Dance Songs


Veggie Tales Sunday School Songs



Whaddaya Think of That



Songs for Wiggleworms


I also did a post not long ago about great music for toddlers, and several of these songs come from CD's I recommended on there, so check that one out as well.  Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment