Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Unpause

I'm back!  Ok, so it ended up being a longer pause than I thought it was going to be, but there's a good reason, and most of you know it by now.

I'm pregnant.  Yay!

We found out two days after we closed on the house, and I commenced morning sickness/exhaustion exactly one week after we moved in.  Fabulous timing, right?

So everything got put on hold.  Unpacking, hobbies, cooking, cleaning, getting out of bed...everything, for six weeks or so.  Luckily, I wasn't actually sick for more than about a week.  The worst thing for me was the exhaustion.  Standing up was such a Herculean effort, that it didn't leave me much energy for anything else.  It was really weird. 

But happily, I am finishing up my first trimester now, and the energy is coming back slowly.  Still not up to where I was this summer, but that's ok.  I can do more than two things back to back now, which is a HUGE improvement on a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, and for the baby info:  little Cricket (our pet name for now) is due on March 26.  We will find out if it is a boy or a girl at the end of October.  We are super excited. 

That said, I am ready to start blogging again!  Instead of the daily posting schedule I was on for the summer, though, I am going to post Monday, Wednesday, Friday for now and see how that goes.  I'm excited about sharing a couple of things I've already done and lots of stuff I want to try.  As always, tell your friends, because it's super exciting to see lots of people reading the blog!  I don't know why it's exciting, but it is.  :o)

More coming soon. 

(Hint:  What do Pop-Tarts, ketchup, and cars have in common?)

No comments:

Post a Comment